Monday, December 14, 2009

On The Shelves - "Dean Cornwell - Dean of Illustrators"


Ever since I was introduced to Dean Cornwell's work, I've been a huge fan. I picked up this book about 7 years ago and I'm glad I did. It was the second printing of the book and has now since gone out of print again. You can still get it for around $150 which isn't bad considering the quality of the book. As far as I know this is the only book on his work and it is packed full. The book has a lot of full color images and a lot of the preliminary work for his finished pieces. I was fortunate enough to see a few of his pieces while I was back on the east coast. His paintings are a lot of fun to look at because of how much paint he used. Very thick! Anyway, go pick up this book while you still can!

Here are some pages from the book.




No comments:

Post a Comment